EAST MEETS WEST

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Bone

Like learning Chinese....

that's how I describe diving head-first into bone radiology. Most of the words are barely pronounceable, which is extra demoralizing for a linguophile as myself. Try saying "enthesophytosis" three times fast.

so, in short, I am dumb. Not just kinda un-knowledgable, either. I mean straight up stupid, useless, unworthy of whatever letters trail my name. I know less than nothing. I am a glorified transcriptionist.

seems as though my residency life and boxing life are rushing along in parallel - both are reducing me to my essence.... which, it seems, is nothing.

better work on that

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Isabel, you are beautiful and the smartest young woman I know. Hey, don't put yourself down--everything is hard at first! Sorry to have been silent so long. Life has been more than hectic. Only 17 more days until school starts again, then 185 until the big R--retirement. I have loved reading your blog. I spent 2 hours getting caught up on Tuesday after Pat and I had lunch. Much going on in the world of Vacca-dom. Never a dull moment. I'll try to catch you up soon.
Love you tho'! (And Geoff, of course. How did he get so old!! Makes me feel old.)

Isabel said...

so glad to hear from you!! thanks for the words of encouragement. can't wait to hear what's going on in vacca-ville!
xoxo,
ign and gaa