EAST MEETS WEST

Monday, October 15, 2007

Step 3

I knew it was going to be a long day when I was ready to be done after only the first hour-long session. I had six more to go, each consisting of 48 multiple-choice questions...and this was only day 1. I have to go back and do it again tomorrow.

Going to the Prometric Testing Center is kind of like my idea of visiting Prison: ID and documentation required, they take your photo when you walk in, you're assigned a long number, no jackets, no writing implements, nothing in your pockets, no cell phones, no drinks, no gum. Kleenexes? Strictly prohibited. You don't ask why.

Between every session, I took advantage of tiny bits of the meager 45-minute total break time to walk outside into the lush courtyard and breathe in the air. It actually rained today in this desert, though, so the air was too thick to be refreshing.

Around noon I actually contemplated sneaking in some wine in a thermos tomorrow. (Too risky.)

Finally, after thinking I was done one section before I was actually finished and then having to return, deflated, to the computer to trudge through another hour, I made it to the end.

When I got home, Mishka acted like she hadn't seen me in months. We headed for the dog park, where she pranced around like the belle of the ball. Tomorrow is all about getting through it.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

good luck, isabel!! the second day will be easier!

Elizabeth Stafford said...

I am so preoccupied that when you said "Finally, after thinking I was done one section before I was actually finished and then having to return, deflated," I thought you had done a c-section as part o your exam..and then I was thinking about my tummy being deflated when they take Jr. Self-absorbed much?

I need to get out more.