EAST MEETS WEST

Monday, August 6, 2007

Some of us have to work...

Hello all

I cannot decide if people care enough about our lives to log on and read this stuff, but my wife sure is a swell writer, and she makes my life interesting and well, enough said; I love her. Anyway, I am working in a busy clinic just 3 miles from our home-in-progress, and I think the staff likes me. I saw 200+ patients in my first 3 weeks and contributed in other ways respectably I hope. My very first patient here was a 6 month old recovering from a major plastic surgery operation on her face (to remove a huge congenital mole). Her face was very swollen, warm and red and begged for some antibiotics. Everything since then has been downhill. For all you nay-sayers, learn some Spanish---it is coming fast and you don't want to be the odd man out. There are lizards everywhere, replacing the squirrels in my NC life. They are quick buggers, darting around and...they do push-ups every morning, so you have to respect there dedication to good health. Every morning while I brew some coffee, I have to pinch myself because I feel we are constantly on vacation. Every weather report says "high of 74", "low of 68". Who lives like that? I guess we do.

We go to the zoo and beach a lot, because we can. It is awesome. We recently entertained a close friend Brad Warren (husband of Lorrie from Staesville Children's Clinic), because he was here promoting Thor-Lo socks from good ol' Statesville at a recent tennis tournament at La Costa featuring Venus Williams, etc.... We had a nice dinner at a nearby mexican restaurant.

We miss NC, but we sure do have lots to show you when you visit.

much love
Geoff

1 comment:

genevieve said...

buen consejo--Douglas me pedí a enseñarle a hablar en español. No sé si estuviera en serio...pero nuestra cena favorita ahora mismo es ceviche, y déspues de tomando tequila yo hablo poco de íngles. sería buena ídea para él, ¿no?