EAST MEETS WEST

Thursday, August 9, 2007

DEMOLITION!!!

Demolition.

Doesn't that sound so dramatic?!

Today they started tearing down walls in our entrance way as part of the kitchen renovation. In keeping with the local flavor, we're going for a Mission style, complete with rustic cabinets, tile flooring and Mexican tile backsplash. We'll be in limbo for a while, though - the cabinets are due to arrive as early as August 31st and the appliances will get here a little earlier on the 25th. They're not going to tear down the existing kitchen until just before the new stuff arrives, so we don't go completely crazy. Now they're moving windows and doors, tearing down walls and constructing arches...you know, minor stuff! But this will make way for later! We'll post pictures soon.

Geoff and I went on a jog tonight to the Grape Street dog park with Mishka. The temperature was perfect, like a cool evening in spring time. We really wish you were here!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Guys,
So glad to read a new addition to the blog! Am really glad you fixed it so we could leave our comments. I kept thinking, what in the world am I doing wrong? Turns out, nothing!!! I check it a couple of times each week to catch up, sorry you didn't know about it! So I decided to write and let you know I had been trying. I know renovations can be taxing, but it will be worth it. Keep us posted with pics!

Poor Mishka, I know how she feels when you over-do! Glad to know she is better. That girl sure has the life, massages and all!

Guess I will try and go to bed now. I am a night owl right now. I have hives, so the dr put me on more steroids and you know what that does to your sleeping! Oh, I forgot! Are either one of you doctors?!?!? Ha Ha!

Keep the pics and writings coming, I do enjoy hearing from you guys!
Love Ya,
Debbie

Marie said...

It does sound dramatic, but also exciting! And we can relate. We're about to embark on a massive landscaping project at our house, which involves ripping out every speck of concrete in the yard, driveway, and sidewalks. It's going to be a disaster area for about a month. But so nice when it's done! Good luck to both of us making it through.

Isabel said...

Yeah! So great to hear from you both!! Debbie, you know that steroids can also cause RAGE! So look out! (o:
Marie, please send before and after pix of your yard, because we want to do that next (if we ever recover financially from this renovation!).
xoxo,
ign