EAST MEETS WEST

Saturday, March 28, 2009

snail party

It is a gorgeous Saturday morning - the skies are blue. I'm sitting on the couch with my laptop, doing some work. The French doors are open, and there's a little breeze coming in. G is outside, watering our garden, which gets even more spectacular as spring unfolds.

Geoff just paused, walked up to the doorway and, well, here's what he said:

"I don't know how they DO it?" I glanced up from my screen.

"I can be watering for 10 minutes and suddenly all the snails come out."

[pause]

"How do they KNOW?! I mean, does one snail say, 'Hey, y'all! There's a party goin' on right here. A celebration...'"

[Here is when Geoff starts to do a little dance and sing the first verse of Kool & the Gang's "Celebrate"...which he continues in fragments of verses in between words.]

"Seriously, how do they do it? I mean, they're supposed to be so SLOW!" Then he muttered something about "Snailapalooza" and wandered outside again.

These are the questions that baffle Geoff Abell....and how he expresses them to the world.

1 comment:

laura said...

this is why we love him :)