EAST MEETS WEST

Saturday, August 16, 2008

locks of love

For someone as stylistically conservative as I tend to be, I get bored with my hair pretty often. It wasn't long after getting bangs that I started to wonder if I should cut all of this hair off. I have had it long for years, now, having kept it long for the wedding. Before that, it had been super short and everything in between.

Then it hit me - there's a way to give this restlessness a purpose and even a touch of philanthropy:

Locks of Love.

So there started my goal of growing my hair out long enough to have the requisite 10 inches to donate. I wasn't quite sure if I would reach the goal when I made my appointment for a haircut with Amy at Pixie Salon around the corner, but I was done with long hair. I was ready to exercise this act of charity and relieve myself of these 10 inches.

So, here is what I looked like today before the haircut:


...And here I am after, posing with my cut ponytails like all of the little girls on the Locks of Love website:

10 inches, exactly!! What do you think?