EAST MEETS WEST

Monday, June 9, 2008

turning 32

Remember warm fuzzies from kindergarten? Well, today, I got a GIANT warm fuzzy. Today was my birthday, and it was really great.

I could go into great detail about all of the big and little wonderful little things that made me feel wonderfully loved today, but it probably isn't as interesting to recount as it was to live. Anyway, if you're reading this, you're probably one of the people who give me these warm fuzzies, so there shouldn't be much more to say than just this: I'm really happy.

I've made it to 32, and I love my family and my friends. They seem to love me, too. At the risk of pointing out the Hallmark obvious, what more could you want? Even if you don't keep up with birthdays (mostly I don't) and weren't one of the people who called or sent a card, don't worry. We're cool - I love you, too. You help it be OK for me to forget birthdays, too.
Anyway, I've taken this occasion of my birthday as permission to wallow in this lovingwonderfulness...sure, I did a cannonball into a giant vat of Velveeta, but what's the harm? It's my birthday.

1 comment:

Jan said...

Happy Belated Isabel and Geoff 3000,00 miles away! I miss you you very much.

Love,
Jan