EAST MEETS WEST

Sunday, July 29, 2007

Comic Con 2007

The first time I visited San Diego was in 2001 for the Society for Neuroscience Annual Meeting, held in the Convention Center in the Gaslamp district of San Diego. After mingling with 35,000 of my colleagues, I realized that we must look to the public like a swarm of nerds, so I started calling us the "nerdoscientists."

Well, I think we've been usurped.

Unbeknownst to us, for the past 37 years, more than 125,000 people from all over the world have been flocking to San Diego each year for Comic Con International. Lucky for us, this weekend was the 38th annual meeting.

Tauted as a celebration of pop art, this convention is as much about costumes as anything else. Not wanting to miss the opportunity to people watch, we headed downtown with our camera and shot a few (well 136) pictures. Here are some of the best, but if you're hungry for more (and a good belly laugh), just let us know, and we'll invite you to view our album on Shutterfly!



So some were actually pretty cute...(Check out the Vulcan chatting on her cell phone.) My favorite were these three girls, who made their own costumes(someone please enlighten me as to who they're supposed to be).





No comments: